Human Resources (HR)
The Human Capital Offering Portfolio focuses on helping organizations manage and sustain their performance through their most important asset: their people.
The Human Capital Offering Portfolio focuses on helping organizations manage and sustain their performance through their most important asset: their people. Centered on five core issues, this Portfolio signifies to the market that we see Human Capital as a topic critical to the C-Suite. As we go-to-market we will show our clients that we serve more than HR organizations – from the CEO to CFO, Risk Manager to Business Unit leader—and that we deliver on our issues and help create value for our clients.
The Workforce Transformation (WT) service offering is a part of Human Capital Consulting Offering Portfolio. USI WT brings a wide range of consultative and advisory services to our clients to address their most critical issues from the boardroom to their customers.
Work you’ll do
The WT Compensation Strategies offering helps organizations meet their financial, operational, and cultural goals through people. In addition to applying these skills in traditional settings, e.g., survey benchmarking, our consultants provide advisory services related to these issues in mergers and acquisitions, governance and risk management, enterprise cost reduction efforts, and other transformational business initiatives:
- Lead multiple projects, and initiatives; review client reports & deliverables, including exhibits and summaries for quality & accuracy
- Supervise a team of Analysts, and Consultants, which will include staffing, training, mentoring, including inputs towards evaluations
- Perform executive compensation analyses including proxy statement benchmarking for executives and non-employee directors, peer group development, pay-for-performance analyses, review of post-employment and severance agreements
- Perform competitive market reviews of incentive compensation practices and design short-term and long-term incentive plans through client collaboration
- Execute projects including equity share requests, dilution/burn-rate analyses, internal pay equity reviews, and retention strategy development
- Conduct assessments of current legislative, regulatory, and accounting issues related to compensation
- Execute projects, including but not limited to, survey benchmarking, salary structure design/redesign, pay administration, career leveling, job titling, and FLSA compliance analysis
- Conduct custom survey benchmarking for both compensation and benefits, using survey tools
- Conduct statistical analyses of compensation data and prepare client reports including exhibits and summaries
- Participate in broader Total Rewards projects including employee benefits, retirement, healthcare, and mergers/acquisition
- Participate in marketing initiatives including writing proposals
- Research and speech preparation for internal and external presentation
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, HR or Business Management
- At least 5-7 years of consulting experience in broad-based or executive compensation
- At least 1 year of team lead and project management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation functions & processes, with extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: Market Pricing/Benchmarking, Executive Compensation, Job Architecture, Salary Structures, Compensation program design.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical, planning, and project management skills
- Experience with analyzing large datasets
- Ability to succeed in team-based or independent environments
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Strong client presence with project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously